Covid-19 and Highland Feeders Response
In response to the Global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) threat, Highland Feeders is taking steps to minimize the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Highland Feeders is requesting all visitors, customers and Individuals delivering or picking up Feed Commodities and cattle use hand sanitizer located at any of the following locations:
***SCALE OFFICE MAIN OFFICE FEED MILL WORK SHOP***
Posters displaying the basic steps to reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 are posted at these locations.
Go to www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx for the latest information regarding COVID-19 in Alberta.
If you are not feeling well and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please contact Kat and make arrangements to re-schedule your grain deliveries.
Why these measures are needed
Albertans have a responsibility to slow the virus's spread and make sure the health system can continue supporting patients with COVID-19, influenza and many other needs.
There is a time lag between when people get infected and when new cases are identified. This means the cases we see today were infected up to 2 weeks ago.
We must work together to protect each other. The greater the community spread, the more likely it will infect our loved ones most at-risk of severe outcomes, including death.
What else you should do
Albertans must continue following existing public health measures to keep everyone safe:
- Stay 2 metres apart when you can, wear a mask when you can't
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
- Monitor your symptoms every day
- If sick, stay home, get tested, and follow mandatory isolation requirements while waiting for results:
- if positive, isolate from others for 10 days or until symptoms are gone, whichever is longer
- if negative, stay home until you're better
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Get the flu shot to keep influenza cases low so health workers can focus on the COVID-19 pandemic
- Download and use the ABTraceTogether contact tracing app when out in public